The FIDE Laws of Chess 2017 was finally appoved by the 2017 FIDE Presidential Board in Athens, Greece and has been published on the FIDE website http://www.fide.com/fide/handbook.html?id=207&view=article. Please note that the FIDE Presidential Board has decided to make some changes in the version submitted for approval of the FIDE Congress in Baku, September 2016.
Below are the pdf version of the rules, as well as changes.
The final list of arbiters for the Junior Closed are:
- Chief Arbiter: FA Michael Bornheim (GJM)
- Deputy Chief Arbiter: FA Linsy Pistorius (WP)
- Deputy Chief Arbiter: NA Ricardo Minnaar (WP)
- Arbiter: FA Marius Ferreira (GTP)
- Arbiter: NA Ben de Winnaar (FMB)
- Arbiter: FA Keith Rust (KED)
- Arbiter: PA Israel Tshabadira (NWP) – CHESSA
- Arbiter: PA Cheshni Jeena (KZN) – CHESSA
The 2017 South African Junior Closed will be held from Wednesday 5 April to Thursday 13 April and will be hosted at the Kopanong Hotel and Conference Centre in Benoni. The top 50 arbiters appearing on the April Arbiter Grand Prix List are invited to apply to serve as arbiters at this event.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY AS ARBITER
The fees for the renewal of your annual membership with the AOC has remained at R100.00 per year for 2017. Please make payment to:
The banking details:
Account name: CHESSA ATM
Bank: First National Bank
Account number: 62255808118
Branch code: 252645 – Menlyn Park
Please remember to put your first name and surname as reference.
Please send proof of payment to Divesh Sookdeo – firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE : No tournament will be rated by CHESSA if the arbiters at that tournament was not paid up members of the AOC at the start of that tournament.
May you all have a wonderful 2017 full of good arbiter decisions
- Notice AOC General Meeting 16 December 2016.
- Proposed Arbiter Regulations for 2017
- Arbiters training course will be held at Birchwood Hotel on the 16th, 17th and 18th December
Notice of AOC general meeting 16 December 2016
Proposed Arbiter Regulations for 2017
All SA Arbiters please take note of the following notice issued by the Chessa Ratings Committee: Notice to Arbiters